Church Tour, Cleveland
Located just south of downtown Cleveland, Tremont is home to one of the largest concentrations of churches in the country. This charming and historic neighborhood consists of one square mile, making it easy to travel by foot. Along with its rich history, Tremont also features many quality Dining and Shopping destinations. Within the historic district you will find some of the finest examples of architecture.
Courtesy of the St. Theodosius Church The distinctive “Onion shaped” domes of St. Theodosius Russian Orthodox Cathedral can be seen throughout Tremont. Built in 1911, St. Theodosius is oldest Orthodox Church in Cleveland. Also notable is the Zion United Church of Christ. Originally built 1867, the church features a 175 foot steeple and seats up to 1,500.
*This itinerary (and description above) is an example from a private group who recently traveled with us. We will be more than happy to assist with your itinerary, but please note that we currently do not create itineraries for these tours.
- Depart in the Morning
- Arrive at Tremont
- Walking tour of Churches
- Lunch at a place of your choice
- Break to browse the local stores
- Continue walking tour
- Board bus for return in late afternoon
Tour Highlights, Churches:
- Zion United Church of Christ
- Pilgrim Congregational United Church of Christ
- St. George Antiochian Orthodox Church
- St. Augustine Roman Catholic Church
- Holy Ghost Byzantine Church
- Greek Orthodox Church of the Annuciation
- St. John Cantius Catholic Church
- Sts. Peter and Paul Ukranian Church
- St. Theodosius Russian Orthodox Cathedral
- for a full list please visit TremontWest.org