Enjoy a patriotic experience visiting our nation’s capital and its most important monuments and museums. A proper tour of the city should include stops at the Jefferson Memorial, the Lincoln Memorial, the Washington Monument, Arlington National Cemetery, and the White House. Tours of the US Capital building, the Pentagon, or Mt Vernon are also highlights of any trip to this great city.
The Smithsonian Museums house everything from rare paintings by the Masters to airplanes and space equipment. One of America’s most treasured monuments, the Vietnam Veterans Memorial offers time to reflect and honor the thousands of men and women who fought and died for our country in the late 1960’s and early 1970’s. An evening coasting the Potomac on a riverboat makes for great opportunities to view the city’s lights and attractions.
Washington D.C. is rich in history as well as culture, making a visit there one you will never forget.
- Depart school in A.M.
- Lunch at Breezewood, Pa. service plaza
- Tour of Mt Vernon
- Hotel check in
- Guided tour of the Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, and Vietnam Memorials.
- Eat lunch at Smithsonian Cafeterias
- Take in the Smithsonian Museums
- Dinner at the Hard Rock Café
- Potomac Riverboat ride
- US Capital and White House visit
- Group photo
- Lunch at the National Zoo
- Return to Cleveland at 9pm
- Jefferson Memorial and the Decleration of Independence
- Lincoln Memorial
- Vietnam Memorial
- Arlington National Cemetery
- The US Capital
- The White House
- National Archives
- National Zoo
- Holocaust Museum
- Ford Theatre and Lincoln Museum
- Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
- IMAX Theatre
Fri, April 1, 2011
by John Wervey